Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The mission trip has been amazing so far!  This is my first mission trip and its been such a great experience. We are currently building a church on the San Carlos Apache Reservation.  Yesterday I discovered that I am not good with a hammer, and today I learned that I can use a drill really well.  When we got there there was only the outline of the foundation, and today the floor is almost finished and a third of the walls are up.  I didn't realize how fast people can work when they work together and in the name of the Lord.  My small group of students and another helped run a fair in the local neighborhood on the reservation.  It was so rewarding to see how grateful the little kids were! Can't wait to see what surprises the rest of the week will hold.  To my parents: I love you and I'll see you soon!
Love,
Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment